Friday, February 27, 2004

The "Last" slack day


The previous day, i went out to watch Big Fish. It's really a great movie, a compelling tale about a father(edward bloom) who twisted the truth of his life to make it sound more magical like a fantasy, causing his son, about to become a father himself trying to find out who his dad really. In the end, his son discovers that what that is important is not the facts, whether they were true or but not, but the moral of the stories. i.e. Love. After watching the show, i thought to myself, what will happen if i did really badly for my O's, will my parents still love me. After that, i went to play pool at the yellow building. Henry joined us. He had been busy training with the National Table Tennis Team. It was good to see him again.As usual, kevin would make fun of me and henry lar, and we would just be quiet and not spoil the fun. Sometimes, his jokes get a little stale after he keeps repeating them over and over again. We played lan and arcade, den pool again until past midnight, with O level results looming at the back of our minds.


D-Day


At 9.30am, i awoke from my slumber. In this retracted state, afraid to face what was ahead of me. I kept looking towards my mom, hoping to receive some comforting words. After stoning in the bathroom for quite a while, i went to meet my classmates, he had intended to go have breakfast, and do sometings together, we ended up playing pool and lan.( Like wad's news). I reached school exactly at 230pm. I was really at the brink of breakdown. Heart pounding really hard. After reading the statistics, we were able to go take our results slip. At that moment, my anxiety rose, simply becos my index number is 34 ( last in class). Seriously man, i'm gonna change my surname to Chew. Damn stupid to be always the last guy. And so it was, i received my result slip and i was staring at it. B B A A A B A B. I tallied the results and found out i got 12 pts. And so i was happy that i didn't flung it. After that, went to thank some of the teachers, went down to the air room, found sir melvin dere, his hair damn ugly but nevermind it's his hair. Company Camp is taking place, going back to help out. Will really miss SJI