Saturday, September 13, 2003

Confidence

Confidence, the thing that most teenagers are trying to find. It's give us a feeling that we are sure of ourselves. It is something that not many of us( or maybe it's just me ) have. Many of us lack self-confidence. This is the result for people try to avoid doing stuff so that they do not lose face. Eg. Why sometimes guys don't approach gals to go on dates?? It's because they're afraid that they'll be rejected.

Many of us seek others opinion on our work for assurance that it's a pretty good. A few words like, it's not bad, quite good, or even a creditable effort sounds rather assuring. But sometimes we received comments like I don't know it's not up to my standard or you should use this, this or that. it just makes us feel well how should i put it lousy. I dun know if my classmates or schoolmates feel the same but sometimes i feel that the reason why female teacher are not very liked by us is because they are different and do not speak "our language".

You know ur standard is not really good and puts in the effort to do someting. And wad she says, "well that's just not good enuff". Couldn't she try words like " try harder" or " you're getting dere". okay i do not have grudge against any female teachers. It's just that i have someting against my sister. I write a piece of work and after checking myself, i ask my sis for a second opinion. She reads it and say that i has all the facts etc etc. BUT she continues to say, you should did this and that first, den that and those..... Sounds perfectly fine?? yah it's does. Just that it's not me. I do not write in this style. Your asking me to be someone i'm not.

This bring me back to the point of confidence. How are we suppose to find our self confidence, when everything we do is not to ur standard.

Here i'ld like to say thank you to Mr Dominic Ang and Mr Jude Tan for giving me confidence. Eventhough they have not taught me in any subject, they have left a deep impact on me. Thank you mr Ang for always looking at the good side of us. Always assuring us that we are doing the right ting. Thank You mr tan for believing in me. I do not want to be a CLT because i am not up to it and because i felt that i've done enuff. Thank you for asking to me to consider. It assured me that i'm not useless