Sunday, October 25, 2009

Running

I run because it makes me feel alive. And contrary to "running away from my problems", it makes me face my problems. My inadequecies, my inefficiencies, my failures to do the things i ought to be doing. It's always this very personal experience more than this group experience whereby you can do something for the collective. In the run, it's only about me and the maker, the one who charted out the path. I'm just trying my best to follow it.

You know people say you're such a nice guy, you're doing great in school and you should try to ease up. Life isn't just about the moment in front of you but the entire future ahead of you. But the truth is the future ahead of me is a blurry one. I take it heart to hide my true irritations and frustrations because if i hate to admit it but what people are saying is true. You'll probably be able to achieve more if you focused less on study and focused more on networking. You'll probably be better off single, simply because not one taller will ever consider you and those shorter than probably admit someone taller. At the end of it, it's simply easier to focus on work, so that you can create something valuable and equitable to this world.

I have nothing of tangible worth to prove. My family ain't rich, i dun know people in high places, i ain't smart, i ain't tall, dark or handsome. All i have seems to the half-baked determination to succeed. No one is gonna pat me on the back of my shoulder and say good job or don't worry just focus, everything will turn out fine. The perfection i seek is simply completeness.

this is my musing, my cross that i carry and i offer up to lord. Pls give me clarity and direction and courage.