Friday, April 21, 2006

Life and Dreams

Life and Dreams

Today was the last day of BAOC and well I kind of feel sad. Well it wasn’t so much that it was ending but more so that I seemed to be in the world of my own. It was just like Hopi during FOC, you can feel that something is lacking but you can’t do a thing about it. Anyway, it’s over and itll become a memory. All the bad ones will disappear and what’s left will be the highlights of the day. And well today, we watched the performances and the pageant, I guess I like the performers especially the dances, well most of them
They were really interesting and they weren’t very complicated. Next of there was the Pageant, I guess it alright for me only the guys weren’t that handsome and the girls were that pretty but I guess they are all yandao and chio bus in their own rights.

What was interesting at the Q&A, the questions asked really had depth and they were some of those question even I ask myself from time to time. Especially this question
Do you agree that 'Dreams are the Opposite of Reality'?

My answer to this would have been 'I disagree. Dreams are not opposite from reality, but instead Dreams are Realities that are waiting to be realized. And in order for them to be realized, one must have the heart, the soul, the support to stay the course, to overcome obstacles allowing us to reach our dreams, making them reality'

I’ve known the answer for a long time, after all this time, it has been nothing more than a perfect answer in my heart that cannot be actioned upon.

The other day I was grappling with words 'living', 'dreaming', 'life', 'dream'. What does it mean to be 'Living the Life', 'Dreaming the Dream', 'Dreaming the Life', or 'Living the Dream'.

Of the four, pick one and explain why you picked it. I picked Living the Dream over all the three because, Dreams will only remains as dreams unless you can realize them and why not 'living the life' because living the life to me feel like I am forced to live a life that may be a lie because that is not my desired life I want to lead. But living the dream gives me the certainty that I have dreamt, I know what I want to do and I living every minute in fulfillment of this dream.

I can’t really expressed myself anymore I’m really lost for words but my reflection from reading the book 'The alchemist' will kinda sum it up.

'Like the alchemists who are in search of the philosopher’s stone and the elixir, we have failed to realize that even these treasures are rewards in attainment of our destinies'


Hence

'Like the guys looking for success and love, we failed to realize when we complete what we are meant to do in our lives, we would have found success as well as love.'