Monday, April 10, 2006

My Dysfunctional Family

Well, i just got back, and i know i'm supposed to be missing my family and stuff like that but what can i say I feeling so angry and so depressed the moment i reached Singapore. It wasn't so much that i was going to part with the IBSM people(well partly)but the fact that when i arrived in Singapore, they weren't there to fetch me. I was looking forward to seeing them but then, they had to sms back and say they were going to leave the house at 830(we landed at 8. dunno what time i land oso can check internet, what the hell man). And i called back at say i'll come home myself and my dad actually can say wait a while, we leave at 830 will reach very fast one ( yeah like real) what sincerity is dere when obviously American Idol is more important than your son's home coming. And so, there i was looking around for my family to find no one. If not for the hugs for the gals, i'll probably brokened on the cab. When i reached home, the first words that came out of Regina's mouth was "Cannot Wait a while ar", you know i really want to slap you, "Whenever you go overseas and return almost everytime we'll be dere" but you can say this kind of things just because you are tired with work( i mean if you hate your work so much, you might as well just quit.) And you din't expect me to get you any gifts, so you mean if u dun say means i won't buy lar. Come on lar, i am not like this.

There was no hugs, no kisses, no i miss you or i love you or you're not going overseas anymore i miss you too much.

And what can my mum do, each and everytime which never fails get on my nerves even after umpteen times that i dun want. Ask me to drink soup. It's good for health i know, but you should know that if i seldom change my decisions. The words " I Love You" is more powerful than any sharks fins or doubleboiled soup don't you understand.

And this morning, when i was checking opening the cupboard, i noticed the door was unfixed. Come on man 11 days leh, is it that hard to screw the cupboard a few times. Clearly this is so insignificant. But this also shows how insignificant i am.

A family isn't supposed to be like this. I should have to present myself in a way like an outsider but i feel like i'm one, How many times have i actually confided in you people, Chances that they number less than 10 in the past 2 years.
why because you keep so much things from me, and you expect me to divulge my feeling to you? I dun think so, it's supposed to work both ways. I'm not matured enough to take the first step. The worst experience of all was the time i told my parents that everyone was calling me short, but they say too little, too superficial to have any impact on me. I may seem cute and AA to some but i guess you know the reason why, i lack the emotional support that a family is supposed to provide.

My feelings may be exaggerated, but they are real