Saturday, October 07, 2006

Movie Nightmare

Well this was one of my pet project this week to get my mom off my back for slacking at home. I took out all my ticket stubs that i have collected over the past 3.5 years(2003 to 2006) and collate the data on spreadsheet.

here are the statistics

186 Movies Not Including another 20 to 30 movies that i din keep the stubs
$1375.50 spent on the tix no including the drinks and occassional pop corn
Tiong Bahru Plaza, Plaza Singapura, The Cathay being the most frequently visited in that order
Movie Genre ranging from the Comedy, RomCom, Cartoon, Period Films, Drama, Horror/Thrillers, Epics, Nonsense films, Indies, Production/ almost everything under the sun there's a bit of it.

What was startling to me, was not the results i got when i was entering the data, but rather recollection of every film i'll watch and the thoughts that i was having when i was watching the show. It was kinda sad to realised i felt such a loner, everytime i couldn't find company to go out, i was having a bad day, i need someone to talk to but somehow talking to my mum is like more frustrating, i decided to take a toll on the pockets and watch a movie, and sometimes it was just let me escape the harsh reality that my life is going down the drain and whatever i'm waiting for to happening is not happening. I escape to a world when there are problems but the problems are not mine. And also to experience the happiness of love, and the woes that also come with it.

But i also glad to say that somethings have changed. Like i more acceptable with the fact of life and that i dun watch that many movies or lone it so much now. And instead of escaping, i'm trying to face up to them with a little help from the reel life.